The Oregon Flute Store
[ Back to website ]
Oregon Flute Store Catalog > Flute Artists > Woodsounds Flutes Brent Haines
Woodsounds Flutes Brent Haines
We will never forget the first time that we entered Yosemite National park. Immediately we were struck by the unbelievable beauty that lay before us. Over the centuries, Mother Nature carved and polished to perfection the most spectacular masterpieces in the world. We had the same feeling the first time that we laid eyes on flutes made by Brent Haines. Woodsound flutes are true Masterpieces and the craftsmanship is as close to Mother Nature as you can get! Each of Brent's flutes come with these design features:
- Satin Polished Epoxy finish. As silky and beautiful as the finish is, it is tough as nails. We have found no other finish that is as tough, water proof, and low maintenance.
- The bird nest or totem platform is designed with side rails. This keeps the bird (totem) from twisting and falling off while you are strapping it to the flute and keeps it in place while playing.
- Wet out is a common problem with woodwinds. Although Brent has not found an absolute cure for wet out, he has designed the first chamber with a moisture reservoir for capturing moisture and seals the air channel in a slick smooth acrylic finish to help with the problem.
- The mouthpiece is ergonomically designed to fit the mouth properly. It is very comfortable and allows the player to maximize trilling and other tonguing and breathing techniques. The mouthpiece bore is 3/8 inch. This allows for moisture to be readily removed from the first chamber by either turning the flute upside down or by swabbing. This additionally eliminates any airiness sound that is caused by air flowing through too tight a passage.
- These flutes are all six-hole, solid bore construction flutes that have a bright, clear, perfectly tuned voice with good volume and a warm feel.
- Each flute comes with a unique blanket-weight wool bag with shoulder strap. Every bag has a separate attached internal pouch for placing the birdie and leather strap if desired.